Tuesday, August 28, 2007

#3 more random memories

Ok so today I've been thinking a lot about singing and a memory popped into my head of when I was 17 years old. I had this wonderful boyfriend Mike H. He was amazing and sang beautifully. He had this band. I thought that alone was cool and then one day he asked me if I wouldn't mind filling in for their friend Susie who was their back up singer. She was leaving town for a while and they had a gig in NYC at the Lions Den (a bar). They had some songs in mind and I was extremely nervous. I didn't want to pass up this opportunity because singing and music was my life at that time. One of the songs was one of the bands called Human Nature.. and the other was from Tears for fears called Woman in chains. I practiced for a week straight.. That's all I had. Every free moment was singing. I was extremely ready we practiced in Poughkeepsie in his basement. It was all decked out and looked like a stage. I remember we went down there at about 8pm and set up for that night. I think we started our gig at 12 midnight. My mother came a long for "my protection" but I love her so I didn't mind. Ok so I performed Human Nature first and it went so well. I was so excited. PUMPED!! People were cheering not many were there maybe no more than 50 at the time. I still loved it because it was a small bar and it felt packed. I sat down again and waited my turn again mean while a very attractive... HOT man walked in the door and I apparently caught his eye. He was smoking and was sitting at a tall table. He just kept looking at me. Then my boyfriend called me up and introduced me as I walked by this guy dropped his cigarette out of his mouth completely and onto the floor. I paused. Looked at him and said You dropped something.. with my little cocky smile on my face and if I remember right I believe I stepped it out. Anyway I performed this song AMAZINGLY and I am my own worse critic. I felt amazing and was extremely happy with the performance and hugged my boyfriend. I then walked down to the table with my mom there and sat and had a water. This guy.. with the cig problem.. came over to me and proceeded to hand me a business card and said "You have the most beautiful voice please keep in contact with me." I took the card and said thank you. I looked at it and noticed he was the owner to a comic book shop. I thought that was pretty cool. Then my mother took it out of my hands and ripped it up. I felt really sad. I know I probably never would have contacted him ... BUT... It would have been a really cool souvenir to bring home.
Then the highlight for the evening .. I had to help a drunk lady get to the bathroom and Fast! HA!!
                     *****************
It was the day before my 14th birthday. I was invited over to my best friends house Debbi M. I remember it was 9th grade because my hair was COMPLETELY black! Yep I went through that faze. I think it looked great on me. I remember I came in to the house and sat down with a huge sigh.. It was always a relief for me to go there as rare of an occasion that it was. I felt safe and comfortable and wow Debbi's dad could cook. I always looked forward to eating and eating a lot when I went there. So Debbi said to me.."Oh Evana can you come with me?" I said sure. I went to her room with her. She was doing something on one side and said do you mind getting me a shirt from my closet .. I said not at all. I started to walk over to the closet and began to open it.. and I heard the most amazingly HUGE sound of SURPRISE!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I swear I almost slammed the door shut and I jumped about 3 feet into the air. holding one hand over my mouth and one on my chest. I almost had a heart attack. Then one at a time people came out of the closet. hahahaha!! ;) It was like a clown car and it didn't seem to stop. I think there were 8-10 people crammed into that closet. It was great!!! Then I saw him. I don't even know how he knew to come. It was that guy (a football player)I had a crush on. Did he know? Did he like me too? WOW I was over whelmed with excitement and pitter patters galore. His name is Ike J. He was beautiful to me... clean cut handsome and wow he was here at my surprise birthday party (That was Debbi's gift to me). I finally found words and I smiled huge then said Thank you... thank you so much for being here. It was amazing. It was my 1st and only Surprise birthday party in my teens. I had one other on my 10th birthday but this was beyond my expectations for sure. I believe we all went outside and went on walks or played some games...I really don't know our remember. All I remember is that I had a few moments with Ike by myself. He was I think 17 at the time and I was basically 14. He was wearing 2 silver necklaces. He took the thinner one off his neck and gave it to me as my birthday gift. As he was putting it on me his arms were around my neck. I stared into his eyes and he stared back at me. He smiled big and slowly came closer. I was terrified to know what was about to happen. Knowing that I couldn't even date till I was 16 and that was 2 years away... I froze. He was warm and he slightly and sweetly kissed my lips. This was my first kiss! I kissed him back. Then out of no where I hear.. I'm gonna tell on you... It was Debbi's little Brother Rocco. Crap! I was terrified. I was caught and now I'm in trouble. HA.. Well I was lucky to find out that Rocco never did get me in trouble. Wow what a memory..  It just feels like it was yesterday. Many of my memories feel that way.

No comments: