Wednesday, August 29, 2007

#4 somethings. . . more!

It was the summer before my 16th birthday. I was really into having funky hair and at this particular time I had colored my hair every color of the rainbow with markers. I know I know childish but I was... I was a child.. and it was so much fun. So... I went to this park. I loved this park. It had a field of just grass behind the baseball field and it had bushes to run through with paths that lead to no where special but it was just cool to have paths to go on. It was two levels. The upper level was where the fields were and they had a covered pavilion with picnic area and a place to play tennis against the wall it was pretty cool then the lower level had steep trail ways to get down to it or you can use the right way and go on a pathway made of blacktop but it's just more fun to slide down the steep hill. Well the lower level is where there is a play ground and swings and fountains.. which were always dry ... but I always imagined them to be full of water so that we could splash in them any way I believe that my nephew was 7 years old and he was on a Tee ball team. I went to his game with my brother and mom and a few others that day. It was a blast and I just loved the feeling of the fresh outdoors. Then it happened. I was wearing a white shirt.. Of course right? and I started to smell something ... something so lovely and familiar then I thought ahhh one of my absolutely favorite smells. RAIN!!! I thought you know what? I'll just stay here it will pass as a sprinkle..but no... And now I'm getting poured on. everyone rain to the pavilion...I took a moment longer to get there and I'm now soaked.. No it wasn't a great peep show because of the white shirt, because by the time that I made it up to the pavilion... I had a tie dyed shirt. I had forgotten that I had marked up my hair with Crayola Markers... Just earlier. HA!!!! I truly loved these experiences. How fun right? I miss my crazy hair experiences. Yes I'm grown up but so much of me doesn't want to. I still want my nose pierced and of course have funky hair styles too. I really miss the real me! 

 Ha a funny story that I just remembered..... When I was really young must have been 5 or 6 years old I went to my Grandpa's Farm.. just what we called it. It was his property that my aunt and uncle actually own now. I loved it there and My dad, my brothers, and my sister were all together and we decided that we were gonna go camping ... under the stars. It was wonderful, beautiful, peaceful, and I just loved it so much. To be in nature and of course BE IN THE MIDDLE of EVERYONE when we slept. I believe what we did was open up a couple of sleeping bags and put it directly on the ground.. then we had blankets galore. So we got all snuggled up then I swear out of no where I start hearing sounds.. lots and lots of sounds... I was beginning to freak out a bit. So it was the golden opportunity to tease such a little sister since I was the baby in the family for my brothers to gang up on me and they said.. oh my gosh do you hear that rabid deer? I would say WHAT in the loudest whisper that I could yell. Then my other bro would say no.. that's just a bear or is it a bull. I was imagining the worst. I was sooo scared by this time that I was crying and they felt so bad that they revealed this animal to me as a bull frog.. And I imagined such scary thoughts about that.. and I would cry .. will it come and get me and eat me? Oh they would say no no no.. they might just nibble your toes.. AHhhhhhhhhhh i was going insane. Finally after all the laughs and giggles they finally apologized to me and told me what they really were. I could finally fall asleep but of course I hid under the blankets the whole night. Then day came it was extremely early for me and just a slight cold breeze. I was beginning to stretch when I noticed that I had turned myself all the way around and my head was facing the opposite direction than it was the night before, when I went to bed.. The funny part is that I woke up... half way down the hill.. and when I had opened my eyes, there was a daddy long-leg spider RIGHT NEXT TO MY NOSE on the ground. I jumped up so fast and then realized every one was up already.. in search of real wild growing strawberries. We put them into dad's pancakes and I was in heaven. I love that farm and I hope someday I'll be able to bring my children there to go camping just like I did.  I know we would have such a blast together.

No comments: